Sunday, December 6, 2009

Cuttin' Down Trees, Puttin' Up Reindeer and Singin' Songs of Joy and Peace


One of the best parts of the Holidays, is transforming your everyday surroundings into something special. I just love decorating the tree, and unwrapping the nativity(s).
The sisters had a great time putting together Mom's tree over the Thanksgiving Weekend, and when we arrived back in Enterprise, it was our first order of business.
Mom's tree is on bottom, and mine is on top. --(I prefer Mom's--I bought all of my decor after Christmas last year, and it turned out a little fancier than I like, but what can you do when your picking from the leftover clearance items. We also do a smaller (less elegant) tree upstairs with our superman and lightning McQueen ornaments.

4 comments:

abby o said...

I had a similar experience getting out my clearance treasures from last year. I have no recollection of choosing orange and silver as my new color scheme, but apparently no one else chose that either and that's how I scored it for 80% off....

andrew said...

Keep that tree clear away from the fireplace they can be a firehazard. I'll send you some more information on keeping your house fireproof during the holidays.

Goob said...

still very pretty, a little too fancy, or not. Last year I junked all my old twigs'n'berries type ornaments and bought a bunch of glass ornaments. This year I got out the box and was thoroughly surprised to see glass ornaments and kind of missed my old twigs and berries.

Kelli said...

Your tree is lovely. Be thankful that it's standing upright. My boys were playing "ghosts in the graveyard" (which requires complete darkness) the other night and somehow managed to annihilate our sweet little tree and the stand it was once so peacefully resting in. It is now propped haphazardly in the corner awaiting dad's tlc. Could be waiting awhile. Boys...gotta love 'em.