Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A New House For Christmas?





The past few months we have been talking about what we could do to make Christmas more memorable and came up with some great ideas, but none will make it quite as memorable as what actually happened. 12:34 am on Dec. 21 we woke up to our living room on fire. This is what was left the next day. We feel blessed we all got out OK.
Fortunately we live in a great town and have good friends and family so it actually turned out to be a great Christmas. Within hours of the fire we had a place to live (fully furnished by the people of Enterprise), family dropping everything to come and help and many other people did so many things to help our lives get back to normal.
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Jenni said...

HOLY SMOKES! (Literally, I guess). I am so sorry and shocked to see those photos. I am glad you guys are safe and okay. I wish I could send you relief society standard issue dinner complete with from-box-brownies for dessert, or help in some way, but at least know that we will be thinking about you guys and that you (and your home) will be in our prayers.

Larissa said...

Holy cow. I can't believe that! If it wasn't almost midnight where you are I'd call you right now! I had to go back and look at the "before" picture of your beautiful living room. I'm so sorry about your home, but so glad you're all safe! Yeah, I don't think you'll beat that as far as "memorable Christmas" goes.

J. P. said...

Holy Mackerel! (just thought I'd stick with the theme)
We too are so glad you guys are safe. Maybe its a sign you needed to listen to us and come SOUTH! ;)

seriously though, anything we can do?

Pam Emmons said...

Holy Cow! I am so sorry! I am glad you guys are all ok, and I hope everything gets back to normal! We will keep you guys (and your house) in our prayers!

abby o said...

so what I want to know is, ARE you getting a NEW house?!?

Marylois said...

There is a house on the way to Nauvoo between Niota and the Nauvoo/Calusa high school that had a fire this past month. I have thought about you every time I drive past it. What a scary thing to have to live through. Though, my sister has lived through 2 house fires and a tornado with 11 children and she says the fires were less scary.

Mandie said...

How did that happen? I am so glad you guys are okay! Please let me know if there is anything we could do! We aren't too far so we can come down if you need us!

abby o said...

I just want to apologize for my comment, that sounds like arsonist talk. What I SHOULD have said is: you guys know how to pack a punch with every post.

Hartson family said...

OH MY GOSH! Jodi, here I was feeling sad that you hadn't posted cute Christmas pictures yet and when I saw you had posted an update I rushed to see it. To my dismay this display of ashes and debris. I'm so sorry! Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help you get back to normal. God bless!

Mindy said...

I'm so sorry this happened, thankful that you have such a strong support system, and glad everyone is fine. How scary!

Carolyn Hanson said...

We're so sorry, you guys!!! Glad you're safe and okay.