Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Snow Cones


Here we have Reid, our All-American Boy, receiving goalie instruction from coach (Dad). Speaking of America, Ben had an interesting conversation with Reid that I found particularly poignant...
Reid: (out of the blue) What's so great about America anyway?
Ben: You tell me what you think is great about America.
Reid: Well, we have lots of Leprechauns
Ben: Actually there are no Leprechauns in America
Reid: Well, at least we get to ride around on camels
Ben: Also, not America---Reid, we live in America
Reid: Oh, now I know what's so great about America...snow cones!
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Carolyn Hanson said...

Classic. Thanks for sharing! Still laughing.

Goob said...

are there even words?! oh my gosh!

Sherry said...

I actually laughed to tears. I don't remember the last time I did that.
So about London. I didn't call back because Trevor never called them. BUT. but. Trevor called yesterday and they said they'll get back to us. Sounds non-commital to me.

Larissa said...

Snow cones are okay, but that sure would be nice to have lots of leprechauns around. And to ride camels. What a cultured boy you have.
He might need to come teach my kids because I don't think they've ever even heard of leprechauns.

Marylois said...

The LEP recon goes everywhere! You need to read Artemis Fowl again. What would Holly say!

abby o said...

oh boy, I got andy out of bed for that one. (it's only 9:30, he NEEDED to be gotten out of bed.)

Vicki with an "i" said...

I'd like to see some more of that Red Dirt Girl. Reid could have probably run for president with a line like that. It's solid material. I would also like to comment on how great Enterprise is because their snow cones are sooo cheap!

QuillandCanvas said...

I can think of NOTHING better about America than snocones. Fabulous. What a clever little chap!

Hartson family said...

Thanks for the laugh. We just love Reid and miss him dearly. Billy actually slept with his preschool photo album the other night. You'll have to call (I don't have your new number) so they can talk. My number's still the same.

The Garrisons said...

oh man... i just can't take it, we're moving out there, I'M MISSING EVERYTHING!!!!!! Reid, you are the funniest person I EVER knew! Since I know these conversations happen DAILY with this kid, I expect MORE blogging of this type. Nothing will keep me from the depths of post-partum like little glimpses from the mind of Reid Benjamin Cope.

Nicole said...

I actually thought Reid would have said..."Oh, I know what is so great about America...THE SWEENEY'S!" Whoop whoop! Wave your hands in the air..like you just don't care!