Monday, August 25, 2008

Reid and Julio Down by The School Yard


Reid is officially a Kindergartner! He had his first day of school Last Thursday, and he took it like a champ. He's one of the youngest in his class, so we were hesitant to start him, but after some testing and consulting, we decided to bite the bullet. it's only 2.5 hours a day, so I don't think he's in over his head.
I was eager for a play by play of his first day, but when pressed, Reid just said, "oh, mom, we just drew straight lines all day." --After the testing, they said he would be in the advanced group, but after Reid's report of their daily activities, I'm wondering if they put him in the "special class."
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Hartson family said...

We're so glad to hear you decided to start him this year. Reid is such a smart little guy! Give him a big hug from Ms. Charity!

abby o said...

great. now my kid really IS going to be the big doof on the block.

Anonymous said...

Jodi: Holey Moley! I can't believe you have such a big, cute, smart kid! And two other adorable ones as well. Way to go. I guess that's what I get for being so bad at staying in touch . . . but what a truly wonderful surprise. Your home is beautiful and I couldn't be more thrilled for you. I'm so glad Logan told me about your blog. I'll be checking in on you (not in a perverted "cyber spy" way) from time to time now. --Kaye

The Copes said...

Kaye,---fancy meeting you online. I would send you a direct email, but I don't have your contact info, so I'll just throw this comment out into cyber-space and hope it reaches you.---What's the word on the street these days? Give us the low down.